In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies, like web beacons on MyKartavya Sites and in email messages or newsletters. These tiny electronic images assist us in determining how many users have visited certain pages or opened messages or newsletters. We do not currently use these images or beacons to collect Personal Information, and we will tell you by way of amendment of this policy if we do.
Consent to Collection of Personal Information
The Personal Information provided by our corporate clients to initiate workplace programs is to establish the employee’s eligibility and log-in credentials, to implement payroll giving, if applicable, and provide reporting to our clients based on office location and business units.
Use of Your Personal Information
Where applicable based upon your usage of MyKartavya Site, we may collect and use your Personal Information to:
- create and manage your user account;
- process and report upon your donation, volunteering, charitable gift card, prosocial activities or other transactions;
- provide client service and related assistance to you or the corporate client of the MyKartavya Site;
- perform research and analysis aimed at improving the Services, the MyKartavya Platform and the philanthropic landscape;
- display or provide content that is created by you or customized to your interests and preferences;
- operate interactive areas of the relevant MyKartavya Site;
- if you are a contributor to any of the third-party donor advised foundations that form part of the MyKartavya Platform, facilitate your donation transactions and prepare tax information slips or other acknowledgments;
- interact with our client that has licensed the Site for its employees and other users;
- if you are a contributor to a news or information forum feature or a user-generated or team fundraising or volunteering event within MyKartavya Site, identify your uploaded content as your content;
- communicate with you about your donation and volunteering transactions, your use of the Services, and new products and services; and
- carry out other purposes which are disclosed to you and to which you consent or are permitted or required by applicable law.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
Users participating in relevant workplace programs may update or change their registration information by editing their user or organization record on the MyKartavya Site. To update a user profile, please log in to the MyKartavya Site with your username and password and click on your name in the header or “User Profile” in the footer. Once in the user profile, edit by clicking on “edit” button. To discontinue your account, please contact your employer in the case of the corporate host or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any user may request to access or correct their Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to requests to access, change or delete such information within 30 days and may be under an obligation to share such request with the corporate host of the MyKartavya Site.
Retention and Destruction/Anonymization of Personal Information
We retain Personal Information we collect from you in accordance with applicable law and where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you or your employer have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). Indian law allows us, for legal or business purposes, to retain Personal Information for as long as is reasonable. Upon expiry of an appropriate retention period, bearing in mind reasonable legal and business requirements, Personal Information will either be destroyed in a secure manner or made anonymous.
Personal Information Preferences
In addition to you controlling the marketing and survey information that may be sent to you as described previously in this Policy, we offer users who provide contact or other Personal Information a means to choose how we use the information you provide. You may manage your receipt of non-transactional communications and whether we share your contact information and donation data with the causes to which you donate your time or money by selecting or unselecting the appropriate box in your user profile or the donation forms that are part of the relevant MyKartavya Site. Additionally, you may send a request specifying your communications preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EU privacy/data protection rights
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has provided the below rights to the EU residents:
- Right to information – including contact details to the Data Protection Officer (DPO), the purposes for processing Personal Information and the rights of the individual.
- Right to access the Personal Information that are processed
- Right to erasure (” Right to be forgotten”)
- Right to rectification
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability of the Personal Information supplied to MyKartavya by the EU resident
- Right to object (opt-out) to processing (unless MyKartavya otherwise has compelling legitimate grounds)
EU residents can exercise these rights by raising a request directly at email@example.com.